houseofheadys.com is dedicated to ensuring the protection and privacy of our customers and visitors to our websites. We understand and adhere to the Data Protection Act, which was set up to help and protect you – the visitor.
Below we set out what details we do or don’t need from you and what they are used for.
Access & Ordering
You may browse our website without any data being collected from you. However, in order to enjoy an easier browsing and shopping experience, we offer you the ability to register an account with us.
You do not have to have an account in order to purchase goods from houseofheadys.com. When you add items to your cart, a file is created on our server which stores details of your purchases. This file is linked uniquely to your browsing session and cannot be viewed by anyone else.
When you complete your order, we ask for personal information about you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card details. This data will only be shared with our payment service provider and courier services, and only for the purposes of processing and shipping your order. All sensitive data is transmitted via an industry standard 128-bit secure socket layer connection.
We do not store your payment details
We collect anonymous, non-personal data, such as how many times a product is purchased or viewed, in order to continually modify our website to suit the browsing trends of our users.
When you register for an account with houseofheadys.com, we require that you give us a valid e-mail address. This is so that our system can verify your registration and issue you with a personal password to allow you access to your member area. Your member account is used to store your personal data, for the purposes of making orders with houseofheadys.com.
We do not automatically collect personal data about you. We do not share any personal data with any 3rd party organization or institutions, except for the purposes of processing your order as detailed above, or if required to do so by law.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the
- HouseofHeadys is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you order, we need to know your name, address, email address and card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- We use your personal information to update you about new products/services. We will only contact you with your consent.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for credit/debit card validation during purchase.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us at houseofheadys.com.We use a technology called ” cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is an element of data that our Website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
- In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us at houseofheadys.com